Monday, April 9, 2012

Hoppy Easter

We had an eggcellent Easter.  (I am a second grade teacher, the puns come with the territory.)  Easter is my absolute favorite holiday.  I love every bit of Easter from the peeps to celebrating the tomb being empty.  Christ rising from the dead is the greatest miracle possible.  I love sharing the Resurrection story with all the kiddos at church.  In the years past we have turned a whole room into the empty tomb and acted out the wonderful story.  This year we actually paired it with David and Goliath.  It was our normal lesson for the week and I hated to by-pass the whole story.  We simply connected the line of David to Jesus.  I also couldn't imagine passing up dressing Evan as Goliath.  The handsome giant was knocked over gracefully by the stone from mini David.  Overall I am looking forward to teaching Eden all about Jesus and the many miracles in the Bible.   We can't wait until next year when we can celebrate Easter with Eden, bunnies and Jesus being Alive!

By the way I spied one of our kiddos holding the same bunny bear while sitting in church.  It warmed my heart. My favorite part of this Easter was seeing our lil miss in her Easter dress.

2 comments:

  1. E&E she is SO precious! I love her tiny lil toes and chubby hands! I can't wait to meet her and hold her soon. You guys are so lucky to be blessed with such a beautiful baby girl. I can't wait to be her Auntie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for you and all the many stories you will be able to share with your like one. But having Bible stories told to me like bedtime stories are one of my favorite childhood memories. I hope that I will be able to catch you when you come to town so I can met you little one. May God Bless you both as new parents and Bless your new addition. Congrats, Jeannette Hansen & Family

    ReplyDelete