Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bless you and Keep You

What a blessing! We are home and doing well. I can not express enough how amazing our God is! We have been showered with blessings as we have prayed and sought God's wisdom for our family. He is so very faithful. Eden is an answer to our prayers and now I pray that we may raise her to bless others. I desire first of all that she knows that she is loved not only by us, but by our God. I pray that I may send her off someday as an arrow on a path toward Christ. Every night, we pray that the Lord may bless her and keep her, that He will make his face shine upon her and be gracious to her, that He will turn his face toward her and give her peace. As I think about the plans I have for my family I am crafting our family values that I want to instill in Eden and any other child that God places in our family. I will share those here after I have shared them with my bride. I want to thank all of you who have been praying for us and supported us through the last 9 months. God is good and we praise Him for such a beautiful answer to prayer.
more pictures to come...

-Evan

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth and Evan - congrats on your baby girl! Do you mind emailing me? We just had our adoption fall through after waiting a year, and we would like to apply to HOGL and would like to talk to you on th best way to do so. We would really appreaciate your advice. ryan_suzy@yahoo.net Thank you, Ryan and Suzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ryan and Suzie,
      So sorry for the late reply. I just noticed the comment on our blog. It is great to hear that you are pursuing THOGL for an adoption. As of right now, I believe that the waiting list is closed because of uncertainties with Taiwanese adoption laws (which i am sure you know about). That may not still be the case, but it was a few weeks ago. We got started by emailing Mandee Shivers (mandee@thogl.org). She does all of the pre-application process. The Home of God's Love is absolutely wonderful to work with and I would highly recommend them if possible. \We would love to help you if you have any questions, you can email me, or feel free to call me at 417-214-2835. Praying for your family!

      Delete