Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Behind My Back

My husband admitted to doing something behind my back.  I couldn't believe he would keep this from me.  I thought our marriage was based on God, love, and honesty.  After three months he has finally admitted a secret to me.  He has been praying for a daughter, behind my back.  We have prayed every night and most mornings ever since we were dating.  I can't believe he prayed for a precious baby girl without telling me.  Alright all joking aside, I am so glad he did.  I was pleasantly surprised he shared this tidbit with me.  He has been showing all of our family and friends our beautiful baby girl's picture, with the biggest grin on his face. One of my favorite parts of this process has been seeing him become a Daddy. We are just so in love with Eden we can't wait to love on her in person.

In the mean time I have been sewing up a storm.  I made her bedskirt thanks to my mom, sister, and Heather for the fabric and help.  I also made her a little swaddling blanket.  I embroidered her name and polka dots.  Lastly we have put together Eden's care package.  Our families have given us a few goodies to send along with the few things we planned on sending.  Just knowing she will have a little bit of us with her warms my heart.


 
We are sending a few outfits (Grandma and the Aunties have already started spoiling her) with a matching zebra bow, puppy dog... she looks just like our hound dogs, a flannel swaddler, pictures, 
and a recordable book.

 The bed skirt has purple, blue, turquoise peonies. This is just the beginning of the nursery.   

This Christmas has been the best Christmas.  I am so thankful for God blessing us with our daughter.  
I have such a peace in my heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment