Thursday, December 22, 2011

The most beautiful girl on the other side of the world...



She's beautiful, and she's ours. Here's the story of today. It started out with an unsuccessful duck hunt. Lots of birds in the air, but no luck shooting any. After I ended the morning's hunt and picked up the decoys, I went back to the truck and noticed I had missed a call from an odd number. As I was driving down the road (looking for ducks), I called my voicemail and when I heard Ted's voice I froze. I had run through this so many times in my mind, and I wasn't sure how I would respond. I was with Ryan and Ben and I had to explain why my mouth dropped and I about drove off the road. After coming home to my beautiful wife, I told her that we needed to go into the bedroom and talk. I explained that I needed to call Taiwan and she was worried something was wrong. When I told her that Ted had called she started screaming and then walked into the hallway and opened the closet door thinking she was going to the bedroom. After calming down, we called Ted and heard the amazing news that they had a baby girl for us. She was born on November 9th at 11:44pm. She weighed 7 lbs and was 20 inches long. She is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. After the phone call, we spend the ENTIRE day traveling around and making phone calls to family and friends telling them about OUR DAUGHTER! I can not tell you enough about how good God is. He knows what we need and when we need it. He has blessed us beyond measure in this whole process. Continue to pray for us as we go through the paperwork and more waiting. We can't wait to hold Eden Olivia Clements in our arms!

-Evan


My version of the day:
Evan came home all in his hunting cuteness.  He told me Taiwan called.  I lost it and bubbled over with joy.  We called Ted and he told us our daughter was at Home of God's Love.  She is being cared for and loved on by some amazing people.  Eden arrived at the orphanage when she was two weeks old.  The ladies said she is starting to smile and make silly expressions.  Her Chinese name was Wu Yu Jye.  She has lighter brown hair. She is a healthy baby girl.  We have counted fingers, toes, and nose: they are all where they belong.    Today has been the best possible day ever (It even snowed).  Sharing this Christmas blessing with all of our family and friends has been heartwarming.  We even were able to pray with Grandpa and Grandma, and our Preacher.   Our daughter will be coming home to a wonderful family and community.  My heart is so full of joy and love for her already. We have been praying for her for so long, we can't wait to pray with her and guide her little heart to the Lord.
-Izzie

5 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Our babies are just under 2 months apart! Praying that she is in your arms soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. November 7 is engraved in my memory. I know exactly how you feel. It is so wonderful. I've been praying for you all. Our baby girls are 9 days apart. How awesome is that. Praise God for your "today".

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is going to have the coolest red head aunt EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful day! Thank you for sharing! We are loving walking through this process with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO very excited for your family! Praying we get to journey along side of you! Many blessings this Christmas! Congratulations, Mommy & Daddy :)

    ReplyDelete