Tuesday, August 19, 2014

2nd Surgery

Life is full of defining moments. Moments that change our lives. Moments will affect the way we look at life. This week has been an example of those life defining moments. We received word today that Ezekiel will be headed back to surgery first thing tomorrow morning. He is simply not getting adequate blood flow to his lungs in order to keep his saturations where they need to be. They will go in his right side this time and add another shunt to the same side that was just operated on. This morning I was reminded of a song by Tenth Avenue North that explains much of where we are right now....
I'm Worn
I’m tired, I’m worn
My heart is heavy
From the work it takes
To keep on breathing
I’ve made mistakes
I’ve let my hope fail
My soul feels crushed
By the weight of this world
And I know that You can give me rest
So I cry out with all that I have left
Let me see redemption win
Let me know the struggle ends
That You can mend a heart that’s frail and torn
I wanna know a song can rise
From the ashes of a broken life
And all that’s dead inside can be reborn
‘Cause I’m worn
I know I need
To lift my eyes up
But I’m too weak
Life just won’t let up
And I know that You can give me rest
So I cry out with all that I have left
My prayers are wearing thin
I’m worn
Even before the day begins
I’m worn
I’ve lost my will to fight
I’m worn
So Heaven come and flood my eyes
Yes, all that’s dead inside will be reborn
Though, I’m worn
I’m worn
Please continue to lift our son In prayer. Redemption always wins....
Aug 18

He's off to the operating room.
"The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace"
Numbers 6:24-26
Aug 19

Surgery is going well. Surgeons have placed 1 extra shunt and are working on some other vessels. Everything is stable this far. No timeline on how long it will be. Dr. Eden is having fun with mom and dad.
Aug 19

Things went very well and he is out of surgery! Not sure when he will be back in the room, but we just met with the surgeon. They added another shunt and he is hopeful that his oxygen levels should improve! We are waiting for him to be brought back to the room and stabilized before we can go back in.
1 Chronicles 16:34
"Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!"

Aug 19

No comments:

Post a Comment