Thursday, August 14, 2014

30

I sometimes struggle with how transparent to be with the things going on in our family, but I want to be as real as possible. Today was rough. No parent wants to face these kinds of challenges with their children. This morning, Ezekiel's oxygen levels dropped to around 30 percent and stayed there. He was headed downhill and the doctors could not find out why. It brought us to our knees before our God as a family. They did a lot of things to bring his oxygen back up and ultimately decided to do a heart cath procedure to see why it was happening. While they were in there, they ballooned another vessel to help blood flow. His shunt is working, but his vessels are just very small. After the procedure, his oxygen has risen back to his normal. We are not done yet, and there will be more challenges. Many have asked us how we can handle all the life we have been through lately, and I can say now with confidence that I am no longer in control. Without the hope we have in Christ and us knowing that our God never fails (even in hard times), we would not handle it well. May the Attitude of our hearts always reflect that of Psalm 34:1-8

I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul makes its boast in the LORD; let the humble hear and be glad. Oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together! I sought the LORD, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them. Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!

No comments:

Post a Comment